- Support start-ups continuously during their development by immediately putting them onto the international stage;
- Provide large companies with the benefits from the innovations developed by these start-ups in their respective sectors of expertise.
The new incubator will house 15 start-ups for a 12 to 18 month period. ZeBox will launch a fast-track program at the end of 2018 that will support 8 start-ups over a period of 6 to 8 months.
ZeBox start-ups will benefit from an experienced network of partners that includes French and international companies from different and complementary backgrounds such as, CMA CGM, Accenture, BNP Paribas, Centrimex and EY. These channel offer start-ups a great opportunity to give them access to an international network to help support their further development.
The first 5 companies that will begin in the Marseilles ZeBox are:
- SailEazy is developing a mobile platform for the rental of high-performance sailing yachts moored off the coast of France.
- Smart Sailors are developing digital solutions and interfaces for management of ship fleets, crews and cargo stocks.
- altGR develops tools to automate data-scientists’ tasks.
- Triend, who were founded in Lebanon, allow travel reservations via social networks
- Transpare, who were founded in Morocco, is developing an international freight transport marketplace
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CMA CGM Group and President of ZeBox, Rodolphe Saadé said, “The French government believes that innovation is a major force in addressing economic and ecological challenges in transport, logistics and mobility. ZeBox incubator will be one of these strengths. It is in line with the CMA CGM Group’s vision of 21st century shipping, focused on digitalization. With this new ambition, CMA CGM is once again making our country proud.”