CMA CGM services linking the West African coast to its major economic partners of Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and India have been upgraded, and is part of the Group’s growing strategy on the West African coast.
Service Update: Africa – India
CMA CGM has upgraded the MIDAS line serving India and the West African coast by adding Nhava Sheva and Lagos Apapa calls. CMA CGM operates 9 out of the 11 vessels sailing on this service, with 3,100 to 3,900 TEU capacity. The line is operated in partnership with PIL.
- An additional call at Nhava Sheva offers a new direct connection between India, the West African coast, South Africa and La Reunion Island. CMA CGM’s Indian coverage is strengthened and now offers new export and import opportunities to its local clients, in addition to its existing Mundra call.
- With a new Apapa call in Lagos, Nigeria, 7 West African ports will be served offering an extended coverage of the West African Coast. With reliable transshipment in Cotonou, transit times to Douala (Cameroon) and Gabonese ports will be shorten by 3 days from Apapa.
The new rotation is as follow: Khor Fakkan, Jebel Ali, Nhava Sheva, Mundra, Pointe des Galets, Durban, Walvis Bay, Luanda, Pointe Noire, Tincan, Apapa, Cotonou, Tema, Lome Cape Town, Coega, Durban, Pointe des Galets, Khor Fakkan.
Service Update: Africa – Europe
CMA CGM has launched an enhanced new EURAF5 service dedicated to West African markets served from Northern Europe and Portugal. From March 9th 2016, service frequency has been improved to weekly.
The service coverage will be extended to Northern Europe and Ivory Coast thanks to 3 new calls on its rotation:
- Antwerp and Le Havre, two strategic ports in North Europe will be linked, offering multiple transport solutions towards the whole African continent
- A new call in Abidjan supports Ivoirian fresh fruit export such as bananas, mangos etc. offering local producers new refrigerated export solutions.
With this new set up, transit times from Europe to the West African coast are among the most competitive on the market: Luanda is reached from Lisbon in 16 days, 21 days from Le Havre, and 21 days from Antwerp. By linking Abidjan and Antwerp in 13 days, CMA CGM offers among the best transit times on the market from the African continent to Europe.
The new rotation is as follow: Antwerp, Le Havre, Lisbon, Algerciras, Tangiers, Pointe Noire, Luanda, Lobito, Namibe, Abidjan, Tangiers and Antwerp.
Service Update: Africa – Asia
CMA CGM services between Asia and West Africa have improved by deploying 9,400 TEU-capacity vessels. 13 vessels, including 10 CMA CGM vessels, will be sailing on this line operated in partnership with Maersk.
The service will offer:
- A larger port coverage with 3 new calls: Singapore, Tanjung Pelepas (Malaysia) and Coega (South Africa).
- Transit times from Cape Town (South Africa) improved by 2 days from Center China, and 3 days from Southern China and South East Asia.
This decision is part of the Group’s development strategy in Africa, operating with only one brand CMA CGM since March 1st 2016.
The 91-day rotation will start on March 15th: Tianjin / Xingang, Qingdao, Ningbo, Shanghai, Chiwan, Nansha, Singapore, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang, Coega, Cape Town, Pointe Noire, Luanda, Cape Town E/B, Coega E/B, Port Kelang E/B, Tanjung Pelepas E/B, Singapore E/B, Tianjin / Xingang.